Serves: 2–3 | Prep time: 24 hours | Active time: 10 minutes
- 1 lime
- 2–3 tablespoons light olive oil or grape seed oil
- 4–6 ounces fresh hamachi or yellow tail, sliced thin
- 1 orange, supremed, or 6 kumquats, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon scallions or chives
- 1 radish, finely chopped
- pinch finishing salt, to taste
- pinch Aleppo chili flakes
- Chive blossoms for garnish
Peel the lime with a vegetable peeler and place zest in a small bowl. Cover with the oil and let sit 24 hours on the counter. Save the lime for juicing.
Divide the hamachi among 2–3 appetizer plates.
Divide and tuck in the orange wedges or kumquat slices.
Sprinkle with scallions and radish.
Drizzle with a liberal amount of the lime-zest oil and a squeeze of lime.
Sprinkle with salt and Aleppo chili flakes.
Add a few chive blossoms for garnish.