Serves: 4 | Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 heads butter or Boston lettuce, about 5–6 cups
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup tender, fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, flat leaf parsley, etc.)
Classic Citrus Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onions
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon white or champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup light-tasting oil
Wash and tear the lettuces into large pieces and place in a large serving bowl. Cover with arugula and herbs.
To prepare the dressing, cover the diced onion with lemon juice and vinegar and let sit 3–4 minutes before whisking in the rest of the ingredients. Pour the desired amount of dressing over the greens, and gently mix before serving.