A simple starter or light lunch, this fresh and healthy meal is refreshing on warm spring days. Feel free to make the flavorful tarragon shrimp filling up to one day ahead and refrigerate. When ready to serve, cut the avocado in half and spoon in the filling.
Serves 2 | 20 minutes
- 4–5 ounces cooked shrimp, shelled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly at a diagonal
- 2 radishes, diced
- 2 tablespoons celery, small diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped, more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, more for sprinkling
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 large, ripe avocado, cut in half, seed removed.
- Garnish: sprouts or tarragon leaves
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the avocado. Stir well and let stand 5 minutes. Mix again and taste then adjust the salt and lemon juice. You will most likely need more. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed, sprinkle with salt, and divide the shrimp mixture between the two halves. Top with sprouts or tarragon leaves.