Rebecca SerVoss’s creations easily lend themselves to a cocktail. Here are her suggestions for building the perfect concoction. Makes 1 drink.
- 1 ounce shrub, any flavor
- 2 ounces spirits — anything you love!
- 3 ounces mixer, such as club soda, ice tea, beer, champagne, tonic water, etc.
- 2–3 dashes bitters
- 1/4–1/2 ounce fresh citrus juice
- muddled herbs
- 1/4–1/2 ounce honey or maple syrup
Shake shrub, spirits, and optional additions in a shaker with ice. Strain into an 8-ounce glass, top with the mixer, and add fresh ice.
Using The Shrubbery’s Lemon Lavender, Rebecca recommends:
- shrub, bourbon, iced tea
- shrub, gin, honey syrup (Bee Local makes a lovely one), club soda
- shrub, blanco tequila, 3 dashes Scrappy’s Bitters Black Lemon, IPA (aim for something under 60 IBU)